Super Spirulina Donuts
Created by the wonderful @joyfulhomecooking! Here is her recipe:
· 1 cup almond milk
· 1/3 cup non-dairy yogurt
· 2 cup GF flour
· 1/3 cup coconut sugar
· 2 ½ tsp baking powder
· 2 tsp vanilla bean extract
· ½ tsp salt
· 150g vegan white chocolate
· 1 ½ tsp blue spirulina powder
1. Preheat your oven to 180ºC.
2. Mix the dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
3. In a smaller bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients until you get a silky smooth batter.
4. Pour the batter in the medium-sized bowl. Whisk till the ingredients are properly combined.
5. Pour the batter into a greased donut pan.
6. Pop it into the oven to bake for 10-12 mins.
7. Let the donuts cool while you make the glaze.
8. Melt the white chocolate and let it cool a bit before mixing in the blue spirulina powder.
9. Keep mixing until you get a sky blue color.
10. Now dip the donuts into the glaze.
That’s it! Your batch of twelve tasty donuts is ready to be devoured. So take them outside, and enjoy the cerulean skies while the good weather lasts.