Blue Sub-Lime Tart
Created by the wonderful @joyfulhomecooking! Here is her recipe:
- 1 1/4 cup GF flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1–2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 5 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- ¾ cup cashews, soaked in water overnight
- ¾ cup coconut cream
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. blue spirulina powder
- 1/2 tsp agar powder
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Grease the tart tin with vegetable oil. Set aside.
- Chuck all the ingredients in a food processor. Then pulse to get a moist moldable mixture.
- Shift mixture to the tart tin and press the crust firmly into the bottom and sides.
- Pop it in the oven to bake (15 mins or until it’s golden).
- Let it cool on a wire rack.
- Drain the cashews and chuck them in a high-powered blender. Add 1/2 of the coconut cream, along with everything except agar.
- Whizz until you reach a silky smooth texture and set aside.
- Add the rest of the coconut cream and agar powder to a small saucepan. Bring to boil while stirring it.
- Transfer it to the blender and pulse until the ingredients are combined.
- Pour your filling into the crust.
- Pop pan back into the fridge to set. (min 30 mins)
Top your stunning tart with fresh fruits and edible flowers while serving.